California, U.S.A., July 2019 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions has unveiled an industrial full gigabit managed PoE switch incorporating IEEE 1588 PTP v2 protocol.
The CMG-838GEPTAT is an industrial Gigabit Ethernet managed Power over Ethernet switches that comes with 8 x 10/100/1000Base-T(X) ports and 3 Gigabit/Fast Ethernet SFP ports that provide stable and reliable Ethernet transmission. The switch comes with eight PoE/PoE+ injectors classified as power source equipment (PSE) to power IEEE 802.3af/at compliant powered devices (PD), eliminating the need for additional wiring and provide an economical solution for your industrial Ethernet network.
In a recent application, the end-customer is looking to deploy an IEEE 1588 synchronized system with the latest Gigabit Ethernet PoE camera. The requirements are PTP over UDP/IPv4, synchronized accuracy less than 100 nanoseconds,
Hardware time stamping, Managed PoE switch with at least 4 ports PoE, Gigabit connectivity and best price support.
Ethernet Direct Solution
Ethernet Direct pioneers in offering industrial PoE switches incorporating IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol V2. The solution exceeded the customer’s expectation by having the following specifications:
- Operation: PTP over UDP/IPv4 and PTP over UDP/IPv6 on Layer 2
- IPv6 Management Telnet Server/ICMP v6 SNMP over IPv6, HTTP over IPv6, SSH over IPv6, IPv6 Telnet, IPv6 NTP (Client), IPv6 SNTP (Client), IPv6 TFTP, IPv6 QoS, IPv6 ACL (256 entries)
- Supports IEEE1588 PTP V2 for precise time synchronization, to operate in Ordinary-Boundary, Peer to Peer Transparent Clock, End to End Transparent Clock, Master, Slave mode by each port
- Time precision accuracy at 50 nanoseconds
- 8 full gigabit ports with 3 SFP ports and providing 8 PoE/PoE+ ports
- Provides hardware time stamp
- Provides sub-nanosecond synchronization over 1G Ethernet networks with timing & data transfer
PoE Product Features
- Power Input: 24 to 48VDC, redundant dual inputs
- Power Consumption:
- 24VDC: 200.2 (Full load with PoE), 9.2W (Without PoE), Booster Efficiency 94%
- 48VDC: 195.1 (Full load with PoE), 9.8W (Without PoE), Booster Efficiency 97%
- Power Protection: Reverse polarity protection, overload current protection
- PoE Power Budget: Max. 180W for total PD consumption
- Built-in high efficiency power booster to boots up and regulate the output power at 55VDC for
- PoE/PoE+ requirement, and to stabilize the PDs with guarantee deliver of PoE power up to 100 meters
- PoE Standard: IEEE802.3at / 30W per port; IEEE802.3af / 15.4W per port
Ethernet Direct offers the latest software technologies in industrial PoE switches advanced PoE management functions such as weekly PoE power scheduling, device auto-checking and auto-reset. This powerful switch uses Made in the USA CPU platform for maximum hardware product reliability. In addition, the enhanced software features support a variety of Ethernet functions including STP/RSTP/MSTP/ ITU-T G.8032 ERPS and multiple Direct-Ring for redundant cabling, layer 2 Ethernet IGMP, VLAN, Quality of Service, ACL, Security, IPv6, bandwidth control, port mirroring, cable diagnostic and Green Ethernet.
To understand on how Ethernet Direct can assist your application requirements, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com