California, U.S.A., June 2020 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions launches Industrial PoE Managed Gigabit switch supporting IEEE 802.3bt PoE++ to deliver 95 watts power and satisfy the requirements for IoT applications.
The Cobra series is a family High Performance Switching industrial Power over Ethernet devices ranging from unmanaged to managed switches, fast Ethernet and gigabit connectivity, PoE injectors, PoE splitters, PoE converters etc. It is a combination of the latest technologies in hardware and software engineering to adapt to harsh industrial environments. Boasting fast-processing speed as an advantage, our switches can achieve network transmission as fast as or close to wired communicating speed for backbone network and edge network in industrial applications.
The support for higher power with PoE proliferates and Ethernet Direct introduces a new series of Industrial managed gigabit switches to address the growing market requirements by pushing the limits of PSE to 95W with dynamic power allocation. There is an unprecedented demand for more power to support additional devices such as connected LED luminaries in smart buildings, IP surveillance cameras in smart cities, industrial automation equipments such as large display screens, kiosk, POS, thin clients, next generation wireless access points, small cells etc. Hence, the new IEEE 802.3bt Type 4 standard enables delivery of high power PoE over four pairs of Cat5e cables and above to ensure safe and reliable power.
The new PoE++ comes at the perfect time to support smart cities, smart buildings and Internet of Things type of applications where Ethernet Direct is actively involved. Smart cities rely on PoE technology and now, system integrators can now benefit to build an inexpensive smart building network with a single IP network. Power is transmitted along with data and can provide data rates of up to 10GBase-T to create a future proof infrastructure network. According to market studies, there is a 79% growth in sensor deployment especially found in smart building applications.
Ethernet Direct industrial PoE++ switches are designed with highly scalable technology to meet the demands of redundant network infrastructure for long term reliability. Our industrial grade PoE++ switches come with advanced PoE management features such as Power Feeding Detection Feature on PD, PD alive check, PD classification, Enable or Disable PoE per port, priority setting per port, power level setting per port and PoE sechduling etc. A network system downtime may result in a significant risk for industrial applications. SNMP managed features reduce network downtime in an event of network failure. Deploying PoE also increases network sustainability and reduces outages.
Industrial PoE Switches Supported
||Min. PSE Output Power
||Ethernet Direct PoE Switches
||CUE, CME models
||CUG & CMG models
||CMG BT models
||CMG BT models (95W)
Key Features of IEEE 802.3bt PoE++ Industrial Managed Switches
- Industrial 8 x 10/100/1000BaseT(X) (2-ports IEEE 802.3bt(95W/PoE++) + 4-ports IEEE 802.3at (30W/PoE+)) + 4 x 1G SFP ports
- Industrial 8 x 10/100/1000BaseT(X) (4-ports IEEE 802.3bt(60W/PoE++)) + 4 x 1G SFP ports
- Full Gigabit SNMP Managed Ethernet PoE Switch supporting IEEE 802.3bt, IEEE 802.3at & IEEE 802.3af
- Max. PoE Power Budget at 240W (Total PoE output power per switch)
- Made in the USA CPU platform with 24Gbps backplane capacity
- Advanced PoE management features
- Advanced Cyber security features for critical installations
- Supports multi industrial protocols EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and optional PROFINET
The following IEEE standards are supported:
- IEEE 802.3af PoE
- IEEE 802.3at PoE+
- IEEE 802.3bt PoE++
- IEEE 802.3 10Base-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX/100Base-FX
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T
- IEEE 802.3z Gigabit Fiber
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- IEEE 802.3ad Port trunk with LACP
- IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree
- IEEE 802.1p Class of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging
- IEEE 802.1ad VLAN Q-in-Q
- IEEE 802.1X User Authentication (Radius)
- IEEE 802.1AB LLDP
- IEEE 1588 PTP V2 Precision Time Protocol
- ITU-T G.8032/Y.1344 - Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS)
- IEC 62439-2 MRP (Media Redundancy Protocol)
Get the best value Industrial PoE devices with the best price & performance in the market.
To learn more about the Ethernet Direct DIN rail Layer 3 switch solutions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org