California, U.S.A., January 2020 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions offer a reliable solution for smart vehicle communication.
In the recent years, modern transportation technology has evolved to increase safety, security, performance and environmental protection. The deployment of integrated communications enables smart vehicle communications in both private and public vehicles.
The FWI-340E is an industrial 4G LTE / WI-FI In-vehicle & Train Router to enable wireless access for high speed, commuter, Metro rail, Light Rail, Subway and all types of rolling stocks. The design concept is to “Instant On-line for Moving Vehicles” to wireless connection using LTE connectivity. It enables WAN connectivity and provides a reliable bi-directional communication for high-bandwidth requirements. Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot providing internet and Wi-Fi access to riders has become an essential service for smart vehicles.
The FWI-340E Series combines IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN and multi-band connectivity 4G LTE cellular technologies to provide flexible connectivity over Cellular and Wireless in industrial applications. It is equipped with dual Wi-Fi radios that support con-current 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual band Wi-Fi hotspots for buses or trains. The product is designed with Ethernet ports to cater up to 3 Ethernet links, support dual SIM cards for seamless redundancy, built-in
DI/DO and RS-232 serial port. It provides Geo Location Tracking with its built-in GPS receivers that can retrieve location data from global GPS satellite system. This feature is ideal to track the locations of vehicles and integrate with Location-Based Service or Automatic Vehicle Location.
For the highest security, FWI-340E Series support secure VPN communications, GPS, static and dynamic IP routing RIP1/2 & OSFP, NAT, port forwarding, Firewall & IPS, ACL & Authentication etc. Other ideal applications are for Industrial IoT, M2M, Intelligent transportation, CCTV, SCADA, Digital signage, Kiosk and more that may require remote control and monitoring.
- Cellular: 1 x 3G/4G LTE CAT4 (Download 150Mbps, Upload 50Mbps), Dual SIM sockets
- Network: 3 x Auto sensing MDI/MDI-X 10/100/1000Base-T(X) RJ-45 Ethernet (Port 1 configurable to be LAN or WAN port)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2T2R) concurrent dual band wireless
- Power Input: 1 x 12 to 24VDC (9~36VDC), terminal block
- COM Port: 1 x RS-232 (TX/RX), terminal block
- DI/DO: 2 x DI, /1 x DO, 1 x Ignition Sense for Vehicle, terminal block
- GPS: 1 x GNSS (optional GNSS Antenna)
- USB: 1 x USB 2.0 port
- Antenna Connector: 2 x Cellular, 3dBi antenna, 2 x Wi-Fi, 5dBi antenna, 1 x SMA-F (GPS, optional GNSS Antenna)
- Power Input: 12 to 24VDC (9~36VDC)
- Operating Temperature: -30 to 75℃
High Performance 4G LTE Wireless Technology:
- Supports various cellular standards 4G FDD-LTE/4G TDD-LTE/3G WCDMA/2G GSM with multi-band connectivity
- Supports concurrent dual band wireless operation, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2T2R) with data rate 300Mbps for 2.4G and up to 867Mbps for 5G
- Dual SIM design guarantees redundant cellular operation
- Provides 3 x 10/100/1000Base-T(X) with RJ-45 connector for LAN/WAN connection
- Built-in 2 x DI + 1 x DO for various function uses
- Supports GPS and GNSS for location tracking (optional GNSS antenna)
- Provide 1 x RS-232 serial port for easy linking your serial devices to the Ethernet based network via Virtual COM
- Supports configurable WAN port failover redundant function by utilize 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and UTP ports
- Supports multiple SSID, internal/external web portal for Wi-Fi hotspot security access
- Supports layer 3 routing protocol such as Static routing, Dynamic routing, RIP1/RIP2, OSPF and BGP
- Supports various network security solutions, VPN for secure connection (IPSec, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, GRE), Firewall, IPS, Port Forwarding, Access Control (Packet Filter, URL Blocking, Content Filter, MAC Control, Application Filter), MAC Authentication and SSHv2/TLS
- Incorporate to existing IP network by utilizing IPv4/IPv6, NAT, Routing and Port Forwarding
- Network traffic priority (QoS) based on Policy-based Bandwidth Control and Packet Flow Prioritization, 802.1q and TOS for priority queues
- Supports IEEE 802.1q VLAN Port-based VLAN, Tag-based VLAN
- Supports Web, CLI, Telnet/SSHv2, Command Script, Python for configuration, SNMP, TR069, SMS and Telnet server for management
- Supports various event handling options, action & notification send by E-Mail, Syslog, SNMP Trap, SMS, DI/DO, System Reboot, Modbus
- Supports external USB storage
To know more information about our Smart In-vehicle solutions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org