California, U.S.A., February 2019 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions shares a recent project deployment in Solar farm automation in the ASEAN region.
The power & utilities industry is transforming toward a clean, intelligent, mobile, and distributed grid. The expansion of clean energy, greater digitization and the growth of distributed energy resources all point to greater consumer-centricity and a more dynamic networked ecosystem. The C.L. solar project has a capacity of 50MW developed on an area of 75ha in Cam An Bac commune, Cam Lam district, and expected to be in operation soon. The project location has an annual average temperature of 26.7 deg Celsius, medium intensity of solar radiation of 5kWh/m2 which is an area favorable a lot for solar power development.
Ethernet Direct offers reliable IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613 certified industrial substation switches to the utility system integrator. A utility-scale solar power plant consists of hundreds to thousands of solar collectors. Plant operators need to collect and process data from numerous devices located at remote sites to achieve high energy efficiency.
Ethernet Direct pioneers in offering Utility-grade fully managed Gigabit Ethernet switches specifically designed to operate reliably and safely in harsh environment found in electric utility substations and renewable energy applications. The EMG-2448GEPRI6-AC provides a high level of immunity to electromagnetic interference and heavy electrical surges to meet the demands of this solar project.
Project System Requirements
- Certified IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 industrial grade substation switches for reliability and safety
- Rack mount substation switch with 28-port density and redundant power input of 126 to 269VDC
- Rack mount substation switch with 16 x 10/100/1000Base-T(X) and 12 SFP fiber ports capability
- Low power consumption to maximize the electrical output of a solar power plant
- Supports enhanced software features for network redundancy and cyber security
- Supports GOOSE message to achieve zero packet loss
- Reliable operation in wide-temperature -40- to 85 deg C for outdoor environments
- Web-based remote monitoring to optimize network maintenance and performance
Furthermore, EMG-2448GEPRI6-AC supports industrial automation protocols such as EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and optional PROFINET. The enhanced software features support a variety of Ethernet functions including RSTP/MSTP/ITU-T G.8032 ERPS/LACP for network redundancy, IEEE 1588 PTP V2, IGMP/MLD snooping, VLAN, DHCP, QoS, TACACS+, IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS, SSH, IPv6, SNMPV3 and Energy Efficient Ethernet.
Ethernet Direct smart grid technology products ensure “zero packet loss” and support GOOSE multicasts ideal for applications in distribution automation, substation automation, renewable power generation, thermal power generation, power grid interconnection, advance metering infrastructure and more.
To understand how Smart GRID or Renewable energy projects can benefit from Ethernet Direct Industrial IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 Certified Substation switches, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org